12.16.2020

My Top Favorite KPOP Albums of The Decade

Hey Subbies,

The next couple of posts will probably be focused on K-POP and since it's been over a decade of listening to k-pop I wanted to share my most beloved albums that I can usually listen to all the way through without switching it up because I like every song on the album. I hope this opens you to listen to older-gen kpop. 

A little off-topic but Spotify has an artist the legendary female artist Lee Jung Hyun's "V" song in the wrong artist profile. And so iconic that my favorite group LOONA did a parody tribute to her. She is known for having the "weird" 90s aesthetics since the popular music genre took a minute to cross the world/cultures she inspire Lady Gaga and opened her concert tour in Korea. It would be nice to add her whole body of work to Spotify but we will see.

I also wanted to Bring up the Queen of Kpop BoA, Happy #202020BoA, if you don't know her or haven't had a chance to go time traveling to at least 1-2nd gen then you're missing the key to Kpop. As a child of the 90s, she was one of the first Korean artists I've heard of because of Anime (Inu Yasha). Well, this year is her 20th anniversary in the Korean Music Industry, and she is the Blueprint/ Pinkprint of modern k-pop. BoA underwent two years of training (involving vocal, dance, English, and Japanese lessons), and at the age of thirteen released her Top 10 debut album ID; Peace B in South Korea on August 25, 2000. If you want to know more I have posted about her one in particular my 2018 Sci-fi list with"Nega Dola."

Anyway, this list is in no particular order I just wanted to highlight mays faves and I will try to post the link to lead track(s) M/Vs.

Wonder Girls - Wonder World

I saw them for the TV-Movie premier night at CGI

VAV - Thrilla Killa

Seventeen  - You Made My Dawn

Saw them at Kcon and Ode to You Concert

Red Velvet - Perfect Velvet

Went to their 2019 Concert and KTMF

NU'EST - Happily Ever After

Kcon LA 2019

NCT 127- Cherry Bomb

LOONA - [ X X ] & [ + + ] *BBC PLS REPRINT XX

KARD - Red Moon & Hola Hola & Way With Words



Went to their 2019 LA Concert

DREAMCATCHER - Alone In The City

Went to their Concert

DKB - Youth

Dawn - DAWNDIDIDAWN

Brown Eyed Girls - Sixth Sense

Saw them at KTMF

Brave Girls - Rollin 

BLACKPINK - Square Up & BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA (JAPANESE ABLUM)

Big Bang - MADE SERIES & TONIGHT

Bewhy - THE BLIND STAR & THE BLIND STAR 0.5

ATEEZ - ALL TO ZERO & EP. EXTRA SHIFT THE MAP

2ne1 - CRUSH (JP ver.)

Went to Concert Tour and CL's Concert Tour

Sumin - OO DA DA

Zico - Television 

Bvndit - Carnival

0 comments :

Post a Comment