3.18.2018

2018 Fashion Trends #UltraViolet

Hey Subbies,



I've looked at trends this year and nostalgia hit me hard. There so many 90s inspired trends this year. Even the colors of the year threw me into a loop because we got another violet but it gave me Prince's Purple Rain and Tinashe's Amethyst Album. I guess they inspired by U2 UltraViolet!?! But I am so happy to be able to get back into doing these types of posts again. Apparently, this year mantra is "Inclusion "since Rihanna set a precedence in the cosmetic world I guess. However, this is kind of ironic because brands have been "inclusive" already while other brands research and marketing department roles have been lackluster; they don't check to see if other demographics they tap into sadly. The other probably is when they try to expand into new growing markets they fail because of pure ignorance on their part. The mantra should be Expansion and Corrective Marketing. Anyways, if you have an itch for spring cleaning then I have posted on essential for your closet here. And, when I was thinking about this post I thought about those trying to save money on their next shopping trip. I don't go shopping that much but when do I try to buy or go towards accessories especially as I get older. Without further a due, here are trends that you can take into fall of 2018.

Lavender + Pastels

Red and Pink

Sexy Suit


Sheer to Clear

Embellish-a-Little

Asymmetry

Bold Beauty

Bag Lady

LoGo Galore

Flower Power

Hair Trends

I don't know what is going on YT but most of the Natural hair community is going back to damaging their hair all for the sake of simplicity. If you don't know what I am talking about well recently I have seen a lot of YT Naturals are Relaxing (aka a perm) their hair. I rather the girls get SILK Press which are amazing and no need for dangerous chemicals. If you are not growing your hair then you probably need to add some supplements like Biotin to your diet and moisturizer a whole lot more (weaves are protective style but it does teach you how to deal with your hair). It takes about the same amount of time to do hair 2-4 hours for styling whether straight or curly so to me this trend is bs. It has only been a month...What happened to Wakanda Forever! Sorry, for the rant but people are really trying it in 2018. As far as I can see, Curls and Coils are here to stay in 2018.

Curlie Me Shirley

Sleek Yet Chic

Ribbons Oh My

Banger

Cosmetic Trends

This year masks will be all over the place. I've seen so many ads the last three months just on clay-esque masks, so this year is all about purifying the skin. The other very popular trend that was actually covered by The Doctors of all places. However, it another skin like trend coming out of South Korea but it has two takes on how to meet the look. The first being the sole use skincare, while the second used both skincare and minimal touch up with makeup on problem areas.


Glass Skin 

Mask Off / Mask On

Turquoise Liner

Gold Glow Highlight

Rose Gold Inner Eyeshadow Highlight

Glitter All Over

Twiggy Lashes


~Seeya

0 comments :

Post a Comment