9.04.2018

Produce 48 Finale: MyTwocents

Wow, I never thought I would be writing a post about Produced 48 and the latter PD101. I just wanted to congratulate the girls chosen to be in IZ*ONE, don't' like the name but is what is. Like the drama, with last season with Wannaone. I notice that these season formats and voting formats were very different causing a lot of fans to hate Mnet. I have one thing to say to Mnet if they going to be global at least have the global audience be apart of the voting or don't call them global at all. I think the final girls will do well in Korea and Japan because cute concepts do great there but internationally I don't know. If they find a nice medium they'll do great. Since watching the girl's strengths weakness I know it's going to be hard for some of them to change up concepts. I know when IOI debuted there was a lot of hate for Somi but to me Somi had a lot potential to be center. Now, people out here missing IOI as much we miss Obama in the states lol...I'm one of them. However, wasn't as invested in PD series as I am now. For those of you who do not know about PD101 here is a wiki summary:
Produce 101 is a reality television talent competition franchise created by South Korean entertainment conglomerate CJ E&M, based around the formation of a K-pop girl group or boy band. The format is noted for having no panel of judges, employing audience participation to make decisions, and for starting with a very large number of competitors, 101, narrowing that number down to a final 11. The franchise began in 2016 in South Korea and resulted in the formation of the girl group I.O.I. The franchise has since expanded to China, Japan, Thailand and Vietnam. A second season of the South Korean series titled Produce 101 Season 2 was aired in 2017 and resulted in the formation of the boy band Wanna One.
 This season:
Produce 48 (Hangul: 프로듀스 48) was a 2018 competition television show on Mnet. It was a large-scale project in which the public "produces" a girl group by voting for members out of a pool of 96 contestants from South Korea and Japan, as well as voting for the group's concept, name and debut single. The show was a collaboration between the Mnet series Produce 101 and the J-pop idol group AKB48. 
I read that Koreans fan picked the most cutest girls to be picked for the top 12, so that's we got is what we got [link]. So instead of saying my final list, I wanted to see what Ranking from overall show voting to see what should of happened. I was expecting a totally different out come of course. If you’re wonder why a girl is not here it's because the ranking they had overall and mainly due to the format of the show. This list was based on the top 6 and those who were able to reach the top 10. Those dropped from show were do not count. This is not the final line up!


1. Ga Eun [Pledis]- Leader, Vocalist (Sakura and she actually tied for this whole season.)
2. Sakura [HKT48] - Visual, Vocalist
3. Nako [AKB48] - Vocalist
4. Jan Wonyoung [Starship] - Vocalist
5. Chowon [Cube] - Lead Rapper, Sub-Vocalist
6. Miho [AKB48] - Vocalist
7. Hyewon [8D] - Visual, Rapper
8. Ahn Yujin [Starship] - Vocalist
9. Chaeyeon [WM] - Main Dancer, Vocalist
10. Yuri [Stone Music]- Main Vocalist
11. Eunbi [Woolim]  / Miru [NMB48]  - Vocalist, Sub Dancer
12. Miru [NMB48] / Miyu [AKB48] -Vocalist

I hope the girls who weren't picked for IZONE get a chance to be in there own group. There is a lot of support for "4tune8" online and a petition. The eight girls include Gaeun/Kaeun, Chowon, Miru, Miho, Juri, Haeyoon, Nayoung, Miu, Do ah, and Miyu. This whole experience reminds me of Winner vs. IKON and WannaOne vs. JBJ.

0 comments :

Post a Comment