1.02.2018

My Favorite Episodes from the Netflix Series Black Mirror


I happened upon this show during school, I saw my friend watching this crazy show that seemed to be a mystery to me. I finally asked my friend what heck she was watching during break time. She told it was Black Mirror and told me that I should watch it. And guess what, I did but months later and of course I binge watched it since season three was already out. I'm currently watching season 4 and my co-worker wants me to watch or at least catch to season eight of the Walking Dead because I've only watched episodes whenever I was over my ex's house I just wasn't really into the world completely going to shit at the time because that was a thing and old Doctor Who episodes. Anyways, I wanted to tell my favorite episode from each season. Also, I will include any specials and if the season went over three episodes then I will add another favorite episode from that season. I made this post mainly for people looking for something new to watch and if you like Hitchcock, Outer Limits, or Sci-fi in general, so I hope you can get into at least one of these episodes.


S1E2 - Fifteen Million Merits (pssh they this song was in Jurassic World 2 trailers)


Bing feels trapped living in an enclosed, automated space, as a member of a society that rides power-generating stationary bikes in exchange for "merits", a form of currency they can use to buy things they need. One day, he hears a girl named Abi singing in the bathroom and falls in love with her. He decides to gift her fifteen million merits, that she can use to buy a ticket for a talent show. Abi accepts and enters the contest, where she is given a psychotropic beverage to drink before she goes on stage.

S2E1 - Be Right Back + White Christmas Special


Ash lives with his girlfriend Martha, spending a lot of time on social media, until one day he dies in a traffic accident. A few days later, Martha finds out that she is pregnant and decides to use a new technology that is able to simulate Ash's voice and personality on the phone, based on his social media profile and other audiovisual material. This service helps her overcome her despair, until one day she accidentally drops her phone and panics. 


At Christmas, in a remote cabin in a snowy area, two men discuss how they came to be stationed there, a point of discussion they never had in the prior five years. Starring: Jon Hamm, Rafe Spall, Oona Chaplin, and Natalia Tena.

S3E1 - Nosedive (notice anyone familiar?)


In a society where one's social rating with others greatly influences one's life, a woman tries to improve her own rating to afford an ideal apartment by giving an appealing speech at her best friend's wedding. Starring: Bryce Dallas Howard, Alice Eve, Cherry Jones, and James Norton.
S3E4 - San Junipero


In a virtual space, the outgoing Kelly becomes friends with the more reserved Yorkie, and helps her to come to accept her repressed sexuality. Starring: Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis.

For Season Four I'll tell my favorites currently but without the episode titles.




~ Happy New Year ~



0 comments :

Post a Comment