1.20.2024

Happy New Year, Life Update and Quick K-pop Prediction

 


Hey Subbies

OMG, it's been so long but I'm happy to be finally back on my computer. The reason I was gone for so long was that my room needed to be rearranged since I was so inspired by that Tiktoker feng shui guru that kept showing up on my YouTube reels and my old bookcase was basically falling apart. I had to take advantage of the IKEA sale that recently just ended. I was basically building furniture and moving my room around which I had been thinking about doing since I got this Verizon internet and my new PC is running Windows 11 which is a new learning curve for me right now. 

I don't know how I'll be doing this post it may be just a simple life update but I know that I need to get my yearly Top played LPs and EPs plus Update my Spotify first then I can get the Yearly Best of Skincare and Empties which there is a lot. Oh, I wanted to do a quick Kpop Prediction but I didn't want to type up anything during Mercury retrograde. I was so happy to see some of my predictions did happen like the genres of "Rock, R&B, and Alt" taking over K-pop because NMIXX's recent comeback was really nice to see them mix it up again and yes, pun intended. ITZY tapping back into their dark self-empowerment roots was great to see, "Born To Be" kind of made me think of their Unnies' "Ready To Be" comeback and it is really catchy for a prerelease, and "UNTOUCHABLE" is currently on repeat along with Chaeryeong's "Mine" and Lia track needs more attention because it is certified bop but JYP needed to do better for them and I think the reason why ITZY wasn't doing numbers recently on top of having been one member short with Lia being on haitus is how they did their roll outs they could have staggered them because that's months of content they could have capitalized on. But the good news is Chungha signing to a new label, Jihyo had her solo, Red Velvet had a chilling coming, and Survival shows groups will stay flopping. And let me not forget that P1Harmony is performing at the Governor's Ball in NY which I hope they would promote more here in the States in past predictions. Also, have y'all seen the lineup for Coachella because I'm shooketh. It has only been close to three weeks and there are so many Nugu groups popping up on the feed it's crazy. Unfortunately, I need need be very mindful about going to concerts now so I probably go to 4 concerts/conventions this year but a little side rant: Promoters please stop scheduling K-pop acts in the middle of the week in LA specifically. 

Okay, here are the groups I'm looking forward to seeing this year...

  1. Le Sserafim
  2. Jeon Somi
  3. aespa
  4. Key
  5. IVE ( I wanted to see them unfortunately this is the year of travel I got save PTO time. Also Tuesday thru Thursday is when people go into work here in LA and some of the gurls likes to do VIP/ VVIP which will have you at the venue till 11:00pm.)
  6. CRAXY
  7. ARTMs (I going to ODD EYE CIRCLE's concert this month)
  8. KARD ( Still waiting for their first win on a music show)
  9. NCT 127/DOJEAJUNG
  10. Seventeen
  11. Red Velvet
  12. B.I
  13. TripleS (I wish I could have seen them live last year bc I the gas prices)
  14. DeVita 
  15. GOT the beat 
  16. TomorrowXTogether (TXT) 
  17. xikers 
  18. NIMIXX 
  19. PURPLE KISS
  20. MAVE:
  21. cignature 
  22. Penomecco 
  23. TWICE
  24. XG

We will probably get some homages to 1-gen and 3-gen K-pop It would be cool if we got more Jewelry, Bada, Shinhwa, Highlight, IU, G-Dragon & Taeyang, and TVXQ homages as well as Western pop which we got the Collab with Jungkook and Usher. In addition, the little references to Gwen Stefani during her Harajuku era/Problematic era references in Jeon Somi's "Gold Gold Gold" MV and KARD's "ICKY". I don't know how the West didn't see that Asia was coming to major prominence even back then with the tokenism but we are here now. I wonder if Alicia Keys, Maroon 5, Beyonce, Pharrell William fresh off his LV collab, Katy Perry and Imagine Dragons are willing to do collabs now. Just found out that V and IU are collaborating so can't wait to see that. I think that's it for now but I might come back to this post in the future if I remember something because I usually don't write down my concerns and wishes but I have a hobonichi to keep track now.







I hope we get more Songs in this Vein, K-pop tends to stick to the generic 80s Funk (90s music for South Koreans because trends take years sometimes to cross the world back them) do something different, or go down the rock or ballad route ( I just need more rock/hip hop as y'all know.)

0 comments :

Post a Comment