1.26.2021

My 2020 Empties | Skin Care

 Hey Subbies,

I hope everyone is in good health. I was happy when 2021 got here that I got sick. I was so gung-ho about doing almost an hour of yoga at the beginning of the month. I learned that you can get sick from working out and I mean actually sick. Now I know why people cancel their gym memberships at the beginning of the year. The solution for me was to don't overdo it, start slow, build that stamina, and pre-worker for the Animo Acids I was clearly missing in my diet for the better. Also, I was taking vitamins so I was mostly sore lol. Right now Taiso or Radio Calestics is the bare minimum I can do right now and I try to do it during the week. 

Anyway, today's post was a long time in the making. I've been collecting my favorite empty skincare and haircare products in a bag in my bathroom. I was hoping that I would be able to be doing a South Korean haul from a trip from Korea first but it is what it is (kind of off-topic I did win some Korean skincare from the Youtube Channel Beauty Cookie last year which I posted on my now very disable Instagram). I've been slacking on my skincare recently because I ran out of cleanser and the Faceshop store near me permanently closed because of the economy. I think next month I'm going to do a black cosmetic owned haul since now we have two CC cushions but we will see since the mail has been backed up. I hope the FDA would get an overhaul too like come into 2020s for clear skin and vision pls. I hate how underfunded some of our government departments are.

I really like this Cleansing Cream and really helped my really dry skin during the winter. I bought it from the TonyMoly store in Lil Tokyo which is probably permanently closed too now. This is actually my second time using cleansing cream the first being Noxzema which contained Menthol. I became aware of cleansing creams from a Kpop song surprisingly and it's actually a sad song so watch at your own risk.

Lumene is AHA Lotion which is very lightweight...more like a toner and I picked it up while I was in Target one day. It's a Nordic brand so it has natural ingredients but does contain witch hazel. And as you all know my skin is sensitive to certain formulations of AHA so I had to dilute the ingredient in order to use it in the beginning. I watch Michelle phan's video on AHA and she said that it was not good to do that. But now that I know what I know about AHAs it will be stored and used in my bath/ shower.

I really liked The Therapy Hydrating Tonic Treatment product from The Faceshop it was mostly for Anti-Aging but it wasn't irritating. It's basically a three in one product. It does contain Lavender unsurprisingly and you all know how I feel about it. Thankfully I switched to the next products.

This is the Toner and Emulsion from the Faceshop's Calendula line. I really like this line for its moisturizing properties and bought it over and over again along with The Therapy. I read and watched skincare enthusiasts talk about Calendula having healing and anti-inflammation properties. It keeps my skin moist which was what I really like about the line. Here are my travel size of the products too 



I know a lot of people love or hate this specific product from Laniege but I will say it was great on my eczema. The ingredient is mostly naturally derived but I like it. I did notice the slight dryness after use when I applied it to my face but on other body parts, it was fine. Also to note it does contain Hyaluronic acid.

I used this ELF Illuminating Eye cream bought it just for fun but it did help when I was working late from the second job that I left for my current career. I'm actually currently using some Elf Skincare products from different lines. The ingredients are very simple, it's like if Laniege and the Ordinary had a baby I guess. I'm currently using Holy Hydration and it's a perfect dupe for Laniege sleeping face pack.

I bought the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence when I was in Japan and was apart of my Japanese Haul. The product does contain denature alcohol so just be aware. For me, it wasn't a problem because it was the last step in my routine. The product smells like vitamin C so it might help with lighting scars and it doesn't leave a white cast because it has a gel-like consistency. I'm so sad I didn't buy two but I think this year I'll be able to get another brand that I couldn't afford before.

Mane 'n Tail is a brand I used off and on my whole life and its reach is diverse from human to horse. I'm currently making my own at-home detangler because I wanted something in between this brand and the old formula Sebastian Laminates Detangling Milk Leave-In Conditioner (which really nourished my hair). If you have thic hair I would definitely recommend this line too. I used to go through these bottles a lot.

When I was in Palm Springs with my mom, the hotel we were staying at had these really lovely products. We had to take the extra lotions and liquid soap because the formulation was out of this world. Omg, it smelled so heavenly that I even went online to find it and I did on Amazon for $$ a bottle lol. And it was really moisturizing even though it had lavender in it. I checked again and now they sell it in a lot more places online wholesale. They really should just make 12oz bottles and call it a day.

I hope you guys enjoyed this list. It takes me a while to get through products especially this year. I usually get through my SPFs much faster so I have a lot more backups of it lol.


0 comments :

Post a Comment