12.31.2022

My K-pop Predictions for 2023

 Hey Subbies,

I didn't think I would have time to do this post, but since it is going to be 2023 in a couple of hours, I feel motivated enough. Plus, I see faved K-commentary channels doing this as well soi feel extramotivated. I usually like to research for these so bear with me. And like last year I'm going continue to do "Q1, Q2..." because that made everything easier, and my short look into the past will hopefully shape the future. But let me mention this I predicted last year that I got a lot right so I will make adjustments for the new year...

  • Western and SEASIA markets focus (into 2023)
  • Multi-talented Soloist push (please get them a better stylist tho) which also implies the disbandment or hiatus of a lot of groups which I wasn't surprised about. (into 2023)
  • Dreamcatcher gets their first win
  • Survival shows groups will stay flopping
Currently, Hip hop/R&B, Pop, and Alt music are comparable to 2002 and I will add 2013 stats where Rock, R&B, and Alt were topping the charts for more variety I hope to see in 2023. I think this year we will get more get-up-and-dance music and lyrically deep alt music and in 2003 there were a lot of coed collab ballad raps. I'm going to call it but Le Sserafim will be one of the leaders of the pack out of the big five. People keep pushing the Yeodongsaeng as being revolutionary but it's Y2K that I live thru so I'm going to need more than just the style...mini rant: the stunt Ador pulled is causing me to react with "North Remembers" and if know you know.

So let's start off with who I'm looking forward to seeing next year. For some groups or soloists, I didn't include them because they need something that will make them stand out and I don't know if their company can give them what they need (Also want to keep them in the theme for the new year so I just listed 23).

  1. SM: More Solo or Subunit and listen to your artist: Taeyeon | Hyo | NCT | Shinee | Red Velvet 
  2. LE SSERAFIM
  3. Purple Kiss
  4. ATEEZ
  5. Billie 
  6. LUMINOUS 
  7. Lapillus
  8. JYP artist ( Stray Kids; TWICE SUBUNITS!!; And please fix ITZY identity crisis /concept | NMIXX: Into The Looking Glass trilogy) 
  9. Seventeen
  10. P1Harmony 
  11. OneUs
  12. TXT (TomorrowByTogether)
  13. MIRAE 
  14. TEMPEST
  15. TREASURE (Two comebacks please)
  16. VICTON 
  17. OneUs
  18. Black Label: Jeon Somi; Blackpink (Jisoo Solo, possibly a group single and one collab)
  19. CRAVITY 
  20. StayC 
  21. Dreamcatcher 
  22. Everglow
  23. KARD (1st WIN for my sanity please)
Wishful thinking here but I hope Hybe or preferably SM subsidiaries take LOONA after the injunctions and find away to get Viví anda Hyunjin.

I'm actually kind of excited for 2Gen comebacks like what we got with KARA and SNSD, I mean VIXX is having a comeback. Also, new groups are debuting and YG will be pushing their new girl group finally since BP might moved to the Black Label. And according to k-websites, these companies will be announcing some new debuts: 
  • Shinwha Entertainment New Girl Group
  • PocketDol Studio New Boy Group
  • Cube Entertainment New Boy Group
  • Swing Entertainment & nCH Entertainment New Group
  • IOK Company New Boy Group
  • YG'S NEW GIRL GROUP
  • BK Planet New Boy Group
  • Starcom Entertainment New Boy Group
  • Pledis Entertainment New Groups
  • MNH’s New Boy Group 
*SHOUT OUT to NUGU Promoter on Twitter they do an amazing job covering Nugu groups.

So here is my Quaterly Comeback predictions 


Q1
  1. VIXX
  2. MOONBIN & SANHA (ASTRO)
  3. ILY:1
  4. H1-KEY
  5. MONSTA X
  6. SF9 
  7. GOT the beat
  8. TXT
  9. NCT127
  10. LIMELIGHT 
  11. BLANK2Y 
  12. DreamNote
  13. ATEEZ 
  14. Chungha (She will resign to a better company with international management deal and/or release a mainstream single for fans to keep her in limelight.)
  15. Pentagon 
  16. TXT
  17. AESPA
  18. Stray Kids
  19. Purple Kiss
  20. Lapillus
  21. JEON SOMI
  22. Everglow
  23. KARD

Q2
  1. (G)-Idle
  2. Blackpink's Jisoo
  3. STAYC
  4. TWICE's Trio/ Ji Hyo solo debut (possibly in Q3)
  5. Seventeen
  6. fromis_9
  7. IVE
  8. Kep1er
  9. Yena
  10. Viviz [ Mighty Mouth Slam Dunk Feat. EUNHA] &Xiumin [EXO] & Eunha [VIVIZ] 
  11. Dreamcatcher
  12. LE SSERAFIM (Anniversary)
  13. Highlight
  14. Kim Wooseok
  15. BtoB
  16. ENHYPEN 
  17. Astro (hiatus)
  18. BiIllie (hiatus)
  19. LUMINOUS 
  20. MIRAE 
  21. TEMPEST
  22. VICTON [Han Seungwoo]
  23. Red Velvet 

Q3:
  1. NMIXX
  2. CRAVITY 
  3. BlackPink
  4. NCT127
  5. Jo Yuri
  6. ITZY
  7. Kang Daniel
  8. TXT
  9. Purple Kiss [SWAN - Twenty]
  10. Lapillus
  11. P1Harmony 
  12. OneUS
  13. JEON SOMI
  14. Everglow
  15. KARD
  16. OH MY GIRL
  17. Twice - Jihyo solo debut 
  18. Chungha
  19. KCON Comeback Predictions: SHOWNU X HYUNGWON (from MONSTA X), Rain, TAEMIN, THE BOYZ, WayV, JO1

Q4
  1. Seventeen
  2. ATEEZ
  3. IVE
  4. (G)-Idle
  5. MONSTA X
  6. LE SSERAFIM
  7. STAYC
  8. AESPA
  9. Dreamcatcher 
  10. Stray Kids
  11. Viviz
  12. ENHYPEN 
  13. Kep1er
  14. Astro
  15. LUMINOUS
  16. MIRAE 
  17. TEMPEST
  18. Red Velvet 
  19. CRAVITY 

0 comments :

Post a Comment